At National Foods, our hiring process is extremely important to us. Through our service-driven culture, we strive to ensure that you receive the very best candidate experience at every step.
We pride ourselves on our fair and inclusive process, providing focused care and attention to everyone from entry to senior level.The performance driven environment at National Foods is not for everyone; thus, the responsibility rests with you to understand our principles and to be clear on the advertised job requirements (education, knowledge and skills set) before you apply.
While our process may differ for certain roles and levels, the infographic below will give you insight into our recruitment process when applying for a position within National Foods
STAGE 1: Advertise & circulate job internally
- Our recruitment process will always start from within, as National Foods’ internal employees are offered the first opportunity to apply for available roles. This aligns with our EVP pillar, which focuses on developing and growing our people in their careers, both professionally and personally.
STAGE 2: Advertise & publish job externally
- National Foods’ open job opportunities will be posted on our Career Website and via our LinkedIn and Facebook social media channels.
- Our job opportunities usually run for a period of between 2-3 weeks before the date of closure.
STAGE 3: Screen CV applications
- Our National Foods’ Talent Team takes approximately 2 weeks to methodically filter, screen and respond to interested parties.
If you are shortlisted and meet the specified job requirements, one of our Recruitment Advisors will invite you for an interview.
STAGE 4: Shortlist & interview
- With this first round of interviews, you will meet with the Business Unit Hiring Manager, the HR Business Partner and any additional relevant Line Managers where required.
- 1st Interview Stage: We contact all our 1st round shortlisted candidates after their interview to confirm whether they have successfully moved to our 2nd interview stage.
- 2nd Interview Stage: Should you progress to our 2nd interview stage, you will be interviewed by two executive team members (a Managing Executive and Senior HRBP) in addition to a Function Head.
- Final Interview Stage: For managerial roles to executive positions: Our Group HR Executive and CEO will meet candidates at the final interview stage for all mid-level to executive roles. Reference checks, medical tests and police clearances will be conducted on final candidate/s prior to us extending an offer. Psychometric tests will also be conducted where necessary, dependent on the role.
- Only upon National Foods receiving favourable confirmation on your references, tests and clearances, you can expect to receive your Letter of Offer.
STAGE 5: Letter of Offer or join our talent network
- Should you be unsuccessful, you will become part of our valued National Foods Talent Community where we look forward to keeping you connected and in touch with work life within our organisation. Should any suitable roles match your profile, we will be sure to contact you.