Please note that applications for this position have closed.
Here at National Foods, we follow our purpose which is to work together to feed and nourish the nation!
As a leading and well respected food manufacturer, our people are hardworking, results driven and high achievers, always looking towards ongoing opportunities to progress their personal growth and professional development.
Our Group Procurement Manager is shifting into a newly created role, which presents a great opportunity for a qualified individual with broad multinational experience to manage our group procurement of common goods and services for purchase at Group level. You will have a dual operations and leadership role as you deliver on the following key responsibilities.
- Oversee the sourcing and purchasing of collective Business Unit direct and indirect materials to meet National Foods business requirements (cost, quality, delivery, lead times and inventory norms).
- Manage import and export permits in line with government/regulatory requirements, together with logistics on all imported products.
- Enjoy coaching, mentoring and developing a high performing, agile team of 7 positive individuals who look towards you for support and direction as they commit to continous improvement.
This role calls for a Business Degree (coupled with preferably Certifications in Procurement through the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply), together with:
- 5 years plus procurement or supply chain experience
- Experienced working within a procurement technology platform i.e. Sage, SAP or similar
- A minimum of 3 years leadership/management experience
- Good communication in English (read, write and speak) with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail through critical identification and accreditation of suppliers and vetting process
In return, National Foods offers you a performance driven environment to thrive; where your performance will be quickly recognized, and rewarded. Your scope to grow your career is inifite as National Foods forms part of the Innscor Group of Companies.